Home Invasion Statistics – Be Aware!
Below you will find some pretty alarming statistics. It is NOT our intention to scare you, but rather to arm you with information, which will help you when considering and alarm system for your home. Being in a great neighborhood does not exempt you from being robbed. In fact, savvy criminals will choose homes in more affluent neighborhoods to burglarize because of the higher value of goods inside.
Home Invasion Crime Statistics and Facts:
- According to a United States Department of Justice report:
- 38% of assaults & 60% of rapes occur during home invasions.
- Over 2,000,000 homes will experience a break-in or burglary this year.
- There are over 4,500 home burglaries per day in the United States.
- The average number of home invasions per year was 1,030,000 between 1994 and 2010.
Whether it is workplace violence, home invasions, car jacking, armed robbery, rape, identity theft or any of a number of other crimes, YOU need to take control and arm yourself with the best available preventive measures.
Contrary to popular belief, most burglaries do not occur at night at all. Instead, 65% of burglaries occur between 6am and 6pm. Most burglars do not want to risk encountering someone so they will try your home when you’re most likely to be at work. The most common hours for a burglary to occur are between 10am-3pm. Below are a few tip, which can help keep you and your family safer.
- Know what thieves are commonly after.
- Stay locked up.
- Be suspicious of door knockers and telemarketers.
- Don’t let people know your vacation plans.
- Store your valuables in a safe. …
- Install an alarm and motion-detecting outdoor lights. …
- Get a dog.
For more information, call Rendin Alarm Company in Morton, PA today at (610) 544-5755 or email us at RAC@rendinalarm.com.
Thank you! Be safe!